Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are you guys using for passenger floorboards?
i'm ready to dump the ugly pegs :razz:

·
Sprinting G-Man
4,169 Posts
As you probably already know, the Nomad comes with passenger floor boards. I think the stock ones are kind of clunky and ugly though. :sad: I had some Cobra billet floorboards on my Classic. I liked them a lot! I plan on changing the ones on the Nomad but they are pretty low on the priority list.

1. Comfort & convenience.
2. Power & sound mods.
3. Dress-up show mods. (New rear floorboards)

BTW, it took everything I had to put power & sound in second place! :twisted:

Scott

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
i'm still sporting the pegs bike. I agree that they are less than attractive but I've not paid any attention to them or done the research to see what my options are.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Floorboards

Kawasaki has their passenger floorboards K46000-418C on sale. They have the flying wing logo when in the up/closed position. They are listed at $99.95, but I think you still have to get the floorboard supports.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Passenger Floorboards

Hi:
Ive got the Kawasaki passenger floorboards on my 02 vulcan classic and the little woman loves them. I got them in black. I think they look a lot better than the chrome cuz the chrome sticks out like a headlight against the frame of the bike. They came all one piece for the 800 classic, I just had to bolt them on. That is a good sale price.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've got a meanie so didn't want boards but my lady kept melting her heels on the pipes- I used PM style long pegs from Zodiac.They look ok folded up but due to the extra length she finds she can move leg position enough to get comfortable.
Had a **** of a job to mount same style up front though!

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
JoeNomad1 said:
Kawasaki has their passenger floorboards K46000-418C on sale. They have the flying wing logo when in the up/closed position. They are listed at $99.95, but I think you still have to get the floorboard supports.

You sure of that price? The webpage says list for 279, on sale for 199.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
re

now that i think about it,i may just remove the pegs when not in use
and get the brackets chromed-my rear seat stays off most of the time unless i'm on a trip-i like the open look without boards anyways.i've seen all of the above and i actually like the kawi boards cause they have the wing.
but the more i think about chrome brackets and maybe some iso-wings.the more i like it :p
just wondered if anyone had seen something new i might have missed :wink:

·
Registered
875 Posts
bluestringer said:
You sure of that price? The webpage says list for 279, on sale for 199.
Yep, Here is the link that I was looking at.
http://www.buykawasaki.com, then selected shop accessories, motorcycles, touring bikes, vulcan 1500 nomad, foot controls/floorboards
Retail $279.95 and sale price of $99.95. I even added a set to the basket as if I was going to buy them and it reflected the sales price.

·
Registered
488 Posts
My Nomad has chrome floorboards and both my daughters and my wife tell me it makes a world of difference in comfort for them.

100 bucks for a set of passenger floorboards, buy em.

·
Registered
66 Posts
All of this talk about Passenger floorboards and the comfort of the passenger has me thinking about what I tell my wife "You want to ride, buy a bike". The only thing I carry on the back of my bike is the stuff I need for my ride...just like if I lived a hundred years ago and owned a horse...ever see a horse with a second set of stirrups? me neither.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts