Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1600 classic began doing some strange things since the cold weather has arrived and gone and arrived if you know what I mean. When it sets for a few days in freezing conditions in an enclosed building I find a 2 inch spot of coolant on the ground below the front cylinder. It is also on the front cylinder as droplets on several of the fins. I can't see it leaking anywhere so I took it to the dealer. They told me to just watch it and if it gets worse bring it back. They told me they could take off the tank and look at the radiator cap area if I want, but did not think it was really necessary since it only happens occassionally. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

hose clamps are my thoughts-very,very common on these bikes for them to come loose,many from the factory are loose.
tighten the hose clamps on the hoses that take coolant to both cylinders. you can get to them easier if you remove the gas tank and the left side air cleaner and backing plate. 6mm small socket or open end wrench will get it. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts