Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have the same combo out there? I had mine mapped/dynoed at a local dealer and it runs good, but I have to adjust it frequently. My only problem is if I just give it a little throttle from "0". I checked out the mapping on my laptop and it is quite a bit different from anything posted on the Powercommander site. Anyone have a map I could compare mine too? My Dyno results are 72 HP and 91 torque.
Thanks, Ride safe.

·
Registered
487 Posts
sounds like the person doing the dyno-mapping didn't know what they were doing.
If it is done correctly you shouldn't have to adjust it.
good luck. hope someone can help you out.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
What sort of problem are you having at low throttle settings? Why are you having to adjust it frequently?

Phatboy

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems like when I change gas brands I have to lean/rich it up one "click" on the low & mid buttons. Depends on the brand. The trouble I have is slight hesitation if I'm not cranking back hard on the throttle. When I'm just idling thru town and have to give it a .10 of a turn to keep moving it spits a little. As I said , if I "tune" it to the gas I put in, I'm good for the tank. Not a BIG deal, just seems over sensitive to me. Had it back to the dealer twice runs like a top coming out of the shop. Fill up the tank again in 100 miles and I have to "tweak" it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have a '04 1600 Classic with HK 2.5" American Classics, a Tornado Air kit and a Cobra Fi2000 Tri-pot and I have the same problem. I'm seriously thinking of switching to a PCIII and having it mapped to eliminate the problem. Where it's really aggravating is when I make a slow turn and need just a slight increase in throttle and it coughs. In traffic, it can be a little unsettling. If it died right in front of an 18 wheeler, late for his delivery, I'd be road kill before he got stopped.
If you find out what the fix is, email me please at [email protected]

Thanks
Dano

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may have found my trouble! The throttle position at idle was running at 6% on my PowerCommander software (I installed Kuryakyn ISO grips a while back). I corrected this and it seems to have made a WORLD of difference. Throttle response is immediate. Granted, I won't be doing TOO much riding for a while (pretty cold in PA) to be sure if this is a permanent fix, but I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
487 Posts
glad to see you found your problem :D
also I would like to give you a hint on the throttle position. the wire on the pcIII that goes to the throttle position wire on the bike is connected with a clamp on terminal,after only 4000 miles on my bike the connection started to move a little on the wire so I removed the connection and soldered the wires together instead.

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the heads-up!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have almost the same combo, except I adapted V&H Pro pipes to my meanie. My HP and torque figures are identical. My bike was mapped by a local dealer but doesn't exhibit any of the problems you mentioned. Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts