Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check this:

left side air cleaner-there is a metal plate that bolts to the engine,the air cleaner housing
bolts to this plate-remove the a/c to expose this plate-check the bolts holding it on
they may be bottomed out not fully tightening this plate in place-at certain rpm's
this plate will rattle and or chirp.install a couple of flat washers to the bolts and it will stop

just though i'd pass this along-mines ok :wink:

other rattles:

speedo housing-remove and place some foam rubber inside along the sides
headlight bucket-open up and ziptie or tape down wiring so as to not rattle against bucket

·
Registered
272 Posts
8) Will have to check them out just to see if everything's tight.

I did notice a rattle of some kind in the front end yesterday. Took a short ride without a helmet & it was apparent something was ratteling. However, I could not find it anyplace.

Does the spedo housing rub against the tank anyplace? I'd hate like heck to rub off the paint under the housing :(

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re

no,it wasn't rubing the paint,but if you watch the bezel around the speedo you can see
how much it shakes-the foam does the trick if it gets too bad.

the front ends make a thump when you hit a hard bump-no one's been able to figure
out what it is-i think its just normal,i thought it might be the headlight bucket against
the nacell (sp?) trim when you hit it hard but i don't know :?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Re: re

bikeaholic said:
no,it wasn't rubing the paint,but if you watch the bezel around the speedo you can see
how much it shakes-the foam does the trick if it gets too bad.

the front ends make a thump when you hit a hard bump-no one's been able to figure
out what it is-i think its just normal,i thought it might be the headlight bucket against
the nacell (sp?) trim when you hit it hard but i don't know :?
I'm always shaking more than the bike :roll: It's a pain always having a 15-45 mph wind to ride in. Wish the wind would just go away for a weekend :p

Hit a bump on da way home today & felt more than heard the thump. was trying to figgure out WTF I hit that thumped the bike so hard.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re

finally found the clunk in the front end last nite on 100 mile ride

if it does it on your bike check the factory turn signal light bar :roll:
my bolts were a little lose(and i missed it at the shop :roll: )
causing the bar to bump against the bottom of the headlight bucket
whenever you go over R/R tracks and such

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just goes to show, there can be loose fasteners just about anywhere on a new bike, pays to check them all (I'm not gettin' on ya, Bike).
I'll be check my Nomad tomorrow morning.... :wink:

·
Registered
101 Posts
The rattles/noices I know so far on a 1600:

- Headlight wiring inside the housing makes noice on a hard bump
- Tank cap breather valve too loose in its own "cylinder"
- Speedo isn't seated firmly

Nothing else on my bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts