Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the side panel (KAWASAKI) stickers? How did it go? How does it look? How did you do it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi BigRed
I just took mine off two weeks ago. I used a hairdryer on Hi heat to warm up the Kawasaki badge. Make sure to keep the dryer 8 - 10 from the side panel and use a sweeping motion so you don't damage the panel. I only applied the heat for 2 - 3 minutes. Then I just peeled it off with a fingernail. Spray some WD-40 on a soft towel (100% cotton) and wipe off the glue residue. Finish it up with a good coat of wax.

I think that removing the badges on the side panel really enhances the look of the bike. I do like the badges on the tank though.

Good luck!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I did it as soon as I got it home from the dealer. I pealed them right off. No glue or anything to clean up. They are stuck on my toolbox now. There is a picture in the Photo Gallery of my bike without them on if you wanted to see what a MS looks like with out them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Scuba and Moto

Thanks Scuba and Moto.

Off they come.

Did you take off the tank emblems too? How does it look?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

the little ones off the side panels are on my tool box as well :lol:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Re: re

bikeaholic said:
the little ones off the side panels are on my tool box as well :lol:
LoL! That makes three of us...guess that big Craftsman box was just too handy when I got those peeled off stickers stuck to my fingers :)

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Great – I can see I’m going to have to remove those stickers now!! I’ve been thinking of doing it, but have been undecided. :D

I gotta leave the tank emblems on – I like the look and I’m with Strickly VN with that big tank looking too “bare” without ‘em.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Took mine of 2 weeks ago. Tank and side panels. I heated them with a hair dryer and then with my wife continuing to heat them, I used a good waxed dental floss and with a slow gentle sawing motion, removed them. Used som 3M glue remover to get what was left. Pics are in the picture section under De-Badged 1600 Classic

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Omega – Thanks for pointing me to the pic’s. I like the look minus the side stickers. Mine are coming off as soon as I logout!!

Thanks also for the removal tips.

Freedom

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Omega, I like the look. Now I'm undecided. The white has the accent stripe and leaves the tank with some flavor. Now I don't know if the red will look to naked or not. The side stickers are definately coming off though.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
BigRed said:
Omega, I like the look. Now I'm undecided. The white has the accent stripe and leaves the tank with some flavor. Now I don't know if the red will look to naked or not. The side stickers are definately coming off though.
I have a red one. If you want to see pics of what the tank looks like sans stickers, just let me know.

As for what it looks like minus side stickers:
http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/download.php?id=457

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the black side panels with the red tank. Did that come stock? Also, who makes that seat and how do you like it? the rear seat looks as comfortable as a couch. I like that tank emblem better than the one on the 1600

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
BigRed said:
I like the black side panels with the red tank. Did that come stock? Also, who makes that seat and how do you like it? the rear seat looks as comfortable as a couch. I like that tank emblem better than the one on the 1600
The black covers were stock. The seat is a Mustang Regal Wide Touring seat. I can't vouch for the passenger seat, but my wife and kids tell me it's very comfy. I took my wife for a 4 hour ride (on the bike that is) recently and she was very happy with it. The driver seat is amazing. Perfect height for me, and I can ride forever without going numb, or having to shift weight.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Go to Customizingcruizer.com
Join it. Don't cost a thing. Then go to Members, then Member List. From the drop down menu's choose "Members w. Photos" and from the Model menue choose the 1600 Classic. A lot of the guys have the Red bike and have removed all the badges. You can find one with exactly what you want. Be sure to post your bike for the rest of us to enjoy.
Dano

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Went to customizingcruiser.com but can't find an option for joining. Just lists options for related searches. What am I not seeing or doing correctly?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just went to it myself. Couldn't find where you have to join either. Maybe I was mistaken and thinking of some other site. :oops: When I click on Members, It says "Welcome back Dano" so I joined it at some time or another. It may be when you post your bike's pic.
Anyway, try clicking on the "members" and follow my directions. Hope it works. Lot of good looking 1600's there to get ideas from. Last count was about 197 with photo's of just the 1600's. You can also look at every metric known to man :) for ideas too.
Dano

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I think may be you are thinking of http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ -- great site, with plenty of photos of cruisers. Many member reviews of all kinds of aftermarket products. I recently emailed some of the members with the same bike I have with the V&H and HK pipes to get feedback.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You're right, Cruisercustomizing.com NOT customizingcruiser. Man am I dyslexic this morning or what? :oops: :roll:
Anyway, the site is great. Some only post their stock machine, but most post over and over with every new modification. (like me :D )
Appologize for any confusion. Maybe it's just a senior moment. Might ought to stay off the bike till after I have more coffee :wink:
Dano

1 - 20 of 23 Posts