Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my 09 Nomad, don't really like where the helmet locks are mounted. The dismount side lock is so low that the helmet sits on the ground. Does anybody know of an aftermarket locking system that will mount somewhere else?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the one made by helmet secure once I have the money. It looks like it'll work perfectly :) It is quite spendy for a lock though.

edit:
Alternatively you could go with one that bolts onto engine guards, frame tubes, etc one of which Kuryakyn produces. You can find them sold by a lot of different people though. They are cheaper.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Two other options you could look into. If you have Kuryakyn grips you can add a helmet lock to one or both that blends right in: Kuryakyn KewLock Not too expensive and blend right in.

The other option is having them on your license plate. I have seen both 1 helmet lock and 2 lock options. Again, you gotta have something there anyways, and it isn't too expensive.

I just remembered one more option, though I don't think it looks good personally. It replaces the bolt for your break or clutch lever I believe. Anyways, here is what it is, and it sticks upward. Helmet lock pin. Biggest benefit for this one, it's the cheapest by far.

Hope you can find something you like from all these :)

·
none
21 Posts
I too feel the same way about the locks on the 1700. When I owned a 900, I purchased a long padlock from the hardware store and kept it in the saddle bags. I could lock the helmet to the back rest and this was a very cheap solution.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the great feed back. I have decided to make a bar that will bolt to the top of the license plate braket and take the helmets off of the rear guards and mount on each side of the new bar. That way I can still use the same key. If that don't work on to plan "B"

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks for all of the great feed back. I have decided to make a bar that will bolt to the top of the license plate braket and take the helmets off of the rear guards and mount on each side of the new bar. That way I can still use the same key. If that don't work on to plan "B"
Make sure to post a picture and post it here when you are done :) I would like to see how it turns out

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
If the nomad is anything like my mean streak, you can mount the stock locks to the neck of the bike.

Here are some example photos of the relocation: (not my bike)

Here's my bike to show how clean the relocation looks:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.