Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lads,
Well, it's dead winter here in Ontario and I'm seriously bored out of my tree.All three bikes are snuggled away in the garage and seeing it's so cold out there,I spend most evenings surfing the net or watching prime time TV with my wife....yep....bored out of my tree. Anyway,I've been looking around for a winter project that doesn't involve painting bedrooms or rearranging furniture,and I came across what I deemed as a pretty neat little unit,a 72' G4TR. This bike isn't pretty by any stretch of the imagination....it's actually darn "fugly".Faded orange paint,spotty rusted chrome,ripped(and black duct taped) seat,looks like it lived in a damp barn for the past 20 years....I'm sure you all get the picture,but it's 100% complete and runs pretty good despite its cosmetic fuglyness.I normally wouldn't give an old bomb like this a second look,but I was intrigued by the dual range gearbox and the fact that its a complete running unit.I know I could spend a month of Sundays cleaning this old girl up,refinishing almost every surface, repainting the fuel and oil tanks,and spending a fortune on ebay replacing all those bits and bobs....but is it really worth the trouble? The bike is actually not a bad looking bike(saw a clean one on the net once I googled it),the whole geometry is kinda neat....and again a dual range 10 speed gearbox with a funky handlebar lever intrigues me. Although it's not the infamous Trail Boss....it's the exact same bike...just a different year.Is there any collector value in this unit once restored?....is it even worth restoring? I could actually ride it the way it is....but she's an ugly one. Any comments or suggestions would be great! I can get this thing for a couple hundred bucks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts