Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to this forum but I figured the best place to ask a question like this would be here.

I purchased a F7 that looks like it just rolled out of the showroom floor (37 years later) it runs great but the only problem is none of the lights or the horn works.

Currently the bike does not have a battery but I was assuming that the battery was only needed if the lights were used and the bike was not running.

I plan on checking to see if the lights are burned out (doubtful considering it's all of them including the horn) and if I need to I will replace, which leads me to my second question ... where do I find the headlight for this bike?

Also is it possible to convert to 12V from the 6V system that it currently has??

Any information would be appreciated..

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
20 Posts
Caution.. Do not install new (expensive) headlight without the battery installed and charged. It will blow. I've read the battery acts as a regulator. These old bikes never had a seperate one.
If the instrument night lights are also blown, the rectifier is probably bad.
I learned the hard way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Caution.. Do not install new (expensive) headlight without the battery installed and charged. It will blow. I've read the battery acts as a regulator. These old bikes never had a seperate one.
If the instrument night lights are also blown, the rectifier is probably bad.
I learned the hard way.
Thanks for the heads up .. I already read that a week or so ago so the first thing I did was install a new battery.

Good looking out though!

Best Regards,
Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts