Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
New spark plug wires and coils have been suggested but what is puzzling is, if the failure is heat related, why did the bike fire right up after it quit on one of the last tests? The OP saw improvement after tightening spark plug caps.

If it were me I would look at replacing caps and wires and if no joy, then go with new coils. But a plug colour test is free so that should be done first.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
New spark plug wires and coils have been suggested but what is puzzling is, if the failure is heat related, why did the bike fire right up after it quit on one of the last tests? The OP saw improvement after tightening spark plug caps.

If it were me I would look at replacing caps and wires and if no joy, then go with new coils. But a plug colour test is free so that should be done first.
👍😊. That’s the next test.... both halfway through the “12 mile circuit” & after it quits🤪

Will try wires & caps.....hopefully find “joy”....coils/condensers after that.....I’m just getting frustrated sitting on the side of the road in the hot Oklahoma sun w/ my tool kit🤩. I’d rather have wind blowin’ in my face 😎

61 - 62 of 62 Posts