Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doing my first rebuild just wondering what the piston to wall clearances should be? maybe 0.0025"? also does anyone know the torque specs for this bike? thanks

·
Registered
755 Posts
While 0.0025" sounds reasonable, I would verify with a service manual or the dealer before proceeding with an expensive rebuild. The manual will also provide all torque specs. Best to get the Kawi service manual if possible.

If using a third party piston, it is best to consult the piston manufacturer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just started my first re-build (ever!) on a '74 F11 250 also. I found a source for the service manual on ebay. It's the first thing I bought after the bike. The seller in in New Zealand and and the manual (a reproduction I am sure) is very well done. Plastic cover, thick pages and elect schematics are all in color. the seller is e-classicbike.com. It cost me US$56.93 to ship to North Idaho. Well worth it. I will try to remember to look up the specs for you tonight but I really recommend getting this guy's manual . Good luck on your build. I got lucky and the bike runs fairly well. No lights.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I pick up same bike 2 years ago.Havent start attempting start it up and run. Owner told me it only needed a throttle cable which he had.
Also have a complete engine for spare. I had the 350 as a kid. Hammer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts