Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am visiting in hopes that someone can give me hope with my husbands motorcycle. He bought it on Ebay and the guy he bought it from swore up and down that it was in good shape and it would run nice. We got it home and he rode it for one day and when he went to start it on day 2 it would not turn over all the way. We called a Kawasaki dealer and they said they didn't work on bikes that old. Can anyone help??

TIA
Melinda

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing that I can tell you is this. We picked up the bike and the same day he rode it for about 30 minutes and put it away. The next morning he started it and started down the street and it just died. He has tried to start it since and it just purrs a little every time you kick. He is so aggervated because the seller told him that it runs well..If there is anything else I can give you that would help you, help me I would be happy to..

Melinda

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Well, as long as it kicks over it's probably nothing serious. Step one is checking if there's any spark and if the fuel comes through.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! We plan on checking the spark plug tonight and we will go from there..

Thanks..I may need you again.
Melinda

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
meholley,

Welcome to you and your husband!!!!! Do you know if the bike was a everyday rider or did it sit in the garage for a long time!!!! If it sat, the gas tank and the carbs may need to cleaned out.

Not everyone on Ebay is honest :roll: But there IS lots of mechanical expertise up here on the forum.

Heather

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heather,

Thank you! I actually believe that it sat in a garage for quite some time. My dear husband didn't ask that question though. We took the bike in to a Kawasaki shop today and once we got passed the sarcasm of the age of the bike they said they would look at it. I will keep ya'll posted.

Thanks
Melinda

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Melinda,

I count myself blessed because both of my Kawi's came from EBay, but I talked to the guys that were selling the bikes and developed a rapor with then and figured out that they were both honest bike lovers.....

My 750 sat inside this guys garage for15 years...had to clean the rust out of the tank and the dirt out of the carbarators. My husband Mack did most of the work. When it came to tuning the carbs we had our local mechanic do that. We aren't experienced on that part.

My 750 is in mint condition and just had to invest $85 to have the carbs syncs and the fuel mixture adjusted.

Heather

1 - 8 of 8 Posts