Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1976 Kawasaki KZ400
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 1974 KZ400. I was given a shop manual for the bike from the seller but unfortunately it is for the 1976 model (according to KZ400.com). I do not have an owners manual for the bike. I was hoping someone on here might have access to the correct owners and shop manual for the bike, or know where I can access them. The correct manual numbers are; Owners: 99997-826, Shop: 99997-714. It seems the shop manual I have is relatively accurate with a majority of things but I worry there will be something small but important, such as torque specs, that will be different. Any help or ideas of where to look would be great!

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
The KZ400.com site has a 74-77 manual. The links at the top of the Workshop Manual page don't work, but scroll down to see the individual pages. It's a lot to save but better than nothing. Alternatively, you might be able to find the manuals on EB. check every week. There are a couple FSMs pretty cheap right now.

·
Registered
1976 Kawasaki KZ400
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The KZ400.com site has a 74-77 manual. The links at the top of the Workshop Manual page don't work, but scroll down to see the individual pages. It's a lot to save but better than nothing. Alternatively, you might be able to find the manuals on EB. check every week. There are a couple FSMs pretty cheap right now.
I had never scrolled all the way down after the links didn't work. Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts