Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone let me start out by saying i'm raedy 2 do anything 2 get this bike fixed.This is what i got a bike i traded a junk car 4.so i got a junk motorcycle.i dont think its been used in a long time.anyways i got it home didnt want 2 start.Took me 2 hours 2 get it 2 start.when i got it started herd a slite knock and back firing.Talk 2 the guy next day said the carbs were rebuilt just need resitSo i screwed the plunger all the way in and took idle screw all the way in and brought it back out 2 and a quater turns.Started it back up started right up had to adjust plugger back out some.Was idle to high could only get it 2 idle around 1800 rpm back fired a couple times think may be a bad plug. left 4 half the day came back going to change oil and clean up spark pulg and had gas on floor dont know were 4 sure is coming from could use help with all this. should i tear the whole thing done and re build or what.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey, Congrats on the trade! Some helpful tips and hints I've discovered.
1. Place a piece of cardboard under the bikes engine and check it often for spots.
2. Watch the petcock (under gas tank) for dripping maybe bad seal
3. check carb overflow/drain (lil nozzle under it)
4. check fuel hose for wear/cracks
5. check fuel hose clamps

As far as rebuildin it HECK YEAH you should, only if ya know what you're doin cuz it gets deep!

check out bikerbandit.com: The Leading Bicycles Site on the Net you can order dang near evrything you need here and better yet KZ650.info it's an entire site dedicated to our bikes.

GOOD LUCK and stay patient!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts