Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on replacing the factory air box with aftermarket cone air filters. My first question is how to get the air box off? Is there anyway to do it without taking the carbs off or cutting it? Second, what is the hose the runs in the bottom of the air box to the engine? What do I have to do with this when I take the air box off? Get a separate filter for it?

Thanks for the help
--Sam

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
samholton said:
1. My first question is how to get the air box off? Is there anyway to do it without taking the carbs off or cutting it?

2. Second, what is the hose the runs in the bottom of the air box to the engine? What do I have to do with this when I take the air box off? Get a separate filter for it?
1. pull the carbs then the air box.

2. the hose is for your CRANKCASE VENTALATION SYSTEM. the airbox pulls the pressure from the crankcase and recuirculates it thru the engine again. you are right, put a small filter on the end (K&N makes one) :wink:

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
yep thats it but they do make ones that have a METAL outlet tube that would slide right in the end of the breather hose. you could make that one work.
as far as in know you can get the airbox out without taking the carbs out. they are not that big a deal. you could make a little eaiser and push/pull the airbox seals INSIDE the airbox before pulling the carbs out.
good luck :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts