Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driven for a bit after warmed up my bike wants to rev up when I take off at a light, I take off in 1st let off the gas to shift into 2nd and it's at about 4,000 rpm shift in to 3rd same thing through all gears. Pull the clutch in it's just revving up there, but if I use the brakes when I slow down before I pull in the clutch it idles back down. But if I pull in the clutch be for I brake it stays revved up.

PLEASE HELP !!!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Sounds like it is running lean. Check for vacuum leaks. Any work done on it recently?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes.. I cleaned the carbs, maybe I have the air screws out to fare. Do you know how many turns out they should be, all 4 were set differently so I put them all at 2 1/2 turns out

·
Registered
755 Posts
2-1/2 turns is a good starting point. Were all vacuum lines re-connnected properly and were the lines all in good condition?

The most common vacuum leak after carb cleaning is at the boots that connect your carbs to the cylinder head. The rubber turns hard over the years and it becomes difficult to get a good seal. If tightening the clamps does not help, you may have to replace the rubbers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts