Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a KZ650 B2 with a broken right hand switch. The picture below is of the current switch on the bike - is this the correct one? I am trying to find a replacement but can only find Z900 ones which look slightly different. Does anyone know if a Z900 one will fit?

Thanks for your help

20201115_060045.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
That switch housing was made and used on various 650's and the KZ1000's. A KZ900 housing can probably be made to work, but I think it uses different style connectors and wire colours may be different. With a bit of patience, a wiring diagram and some crimpers you can probably make it work. First step is to make sure the housing has all of the same functions, and then count the number of wires to see that the new housing matches the old.

If you want a complete listing of all bikes that used the same housing, check this link.

·
Registered
1983 GPz 750, green
118 Posts
That is the exact same switch that a 1980 KZ750 LTD uses. Probably other LTD models too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That switch housing was made and used on various 650's and the KZ1000's. A KZ900 housing can probably be made to work, but I think it uses different style connectors and wire colours may be different. With a bit of patience, a wiring diagram and some crimpers you can probably make it work. First step is to make sure the housing has all of the same functions, and then count the number of wires to see that the new housing matches the old.

If you want a complete listing of all bikes that used the same housing, check this link.

Thanks for the info, that is very helpful

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
In the USA the KZ750H Ltd models don't have the headlight switch on the RH handlebar control. I don't think any other 80s 650/750-4 USA models had the switch either.

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
Agree with martin-csr, by 1980 the headlight switch was deleted (at least on North American models).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts