Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone - Happy to be here. Picked up my first bike this weekend, 1978 KZ650 SR. I'll post more photos soon but this is all I have on hand. I hope you appreciate the handmade corn cobb pipe & natty light.

It was sitting for at least a year. Not sure prior to that. I had the same issue as others with the carb runoff: fuel was coming out two of the runoff tubes when the fuel tank was in the Prime position. That happened twice but cleared up on its own after a start. Not sure what's going on there.

She runs. There is a clicking of sorts when it's running. Could be the clutch? so I removed the discs...not sure what a good clutch looks like but I'm considering replacing it.

Needs a lot of cosmetic work but for training wheels it'll do the trick.

Where is the best place to get parts? A clutch kit for example.

I'm excited. When I had her running, pulling back on the throttle, she makes some noise. Can't wait to get her up to speed. With a helmet of course!

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,843 Posts
At the top of this section there is a sticky thread with a list of parts sources for vintage bikes. Or you can go to Z1enterprises.com and probably find most is not all of the maint items and parts you will need to get it back on the road. The reason the gas was running out was most likely a stuck float/valve or some dirt/trash in the valve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.