Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for 32mm valve shims of the thinner range 2.35, 2.40 & 2.45 and having no luck at all. I am wondering if anyone has had them made and how that worked? I was looking at Z1 Enterprises and on the KZ 750B4 page they have KZ650 Valve Bucket under Bucket Style using the smaller shims which are very available. Can I replace the buckets on my bike with these and get it back on the road.
Thank you for any help

·
Registered
522 Posts
No experience of the 750-twins but there was a post or two in the past couple of months about these shims, have a search.

If you want to swap to Z650/750 under-bucket type you might need the spring-retainers of one of those engines so the shims fit.

If the buckets off a Z1000 are the same diameter maybe you could use those shims instead, all supposition mind.

·
This space for rent
687 Posts
I have the 750B4 Engine page at Z1 open in another window, and nowhere can I find anything about under bucket shims or buckets, and I'd be astounded if I did.
There's a fellow in Canada that road races a 750 twin (90+rwhp), and he told me that he converted to shim under bucket using 36mm buckets that are used in the 1500cc drag racing motors. I think he said he used 650/750 retainers and shims, but I'm not sure.

Since you have already been to the B4 Engine pages, I'm sure you've already seen the shims listed there, 2.6-3.00 mm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jeff I called and got what I needed. My frustration is all gone can't wait to get them and put the bike back together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts