Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone confirm that the stock size for the main jets in a 79 KZ650D SR are indeed 102.5.
I am returning the bike from pods back to the stock air setup, and I would like to install the correct mains for a stock air box and keeping the 4-1 exhaust. The bike has 120 mains in the carbs now. Would I be better off with 105 or 107 mains for the new setup? any thoughts will be appreciated. Oh, and the needle jet is in the middle notch should this be moved also, or can one move the needle jet and not even change the mains? Thanks

HDD.

·
KZ Kool!
2,819 Posts
If yours has the accelerator pump, then 97.5 is the stock jet size.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I read where the mains don't even kick in till 3/4 throttle so I may try it.
It has 15 PJ now. I was looking at ordering some mains from A1, but I am not sure
if they will fit. People seem happy with them, and their prices are good.

hdd

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally got the carb kits I needed, and install the stock 15 pilots, and the 102.5 mains recommended by the dealer for a 4 into 1 exhaust.

The top end ran great a little BF at idle by I can live with that, only prob now is the accelerator pump started leaking (should have replaced it)

anyway been a real learning experience. I am going to try to trade my Kerker for the stock exhaust (Kerker for 79 kz650 D SR) sound is nice and all but I like chrome better.

HDD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts