Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Patriot Guard Rider
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a seatpan for my 80 KZ1K. From what I can tell a seat from a 77 to 80 KZ900 or KZ1000 are the same, can someone confirm that?

Next, anybody have one? :D

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Sorry but no, I don't have one. What happened to the one on the bike?

·
Patriot Guard Rider
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry but no, I don't have one. What happened to the one on the bike?
The one on the bike is underneath a flawless seat.....Im wanting to do some experimenting with the seat pan in my attempt to make my bike look like a vintage racer. My seat is pristine and I dont want to take it apart.

Figured whatever I do to it is going to make it uncomfortable and a solo.....so I can keep my seat for when my wife and I ride.....takes only a minute to swap them out.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Why not just order a solo seat? Or make a cardboard seat pan mock-up and have a friend or local shop make you a steel pan. If you can't weld. You might want to try fabricating a fiberglass pan that would give you lot's of options to fair out behind the seat. Hmmm I just might try that myself.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not just order a solo seat? Or make a cardboard seat pan mock-up and have a friend or local shop make you a steel pan. If you can't weld. You might want to try fabricating a fiberglass pan that would give you lot's of options to fair out behind the seat. Hmmm I just might try that myself.
'Cause I can save myself lots of time / money if I could pick up a seatpan cheap.....surely they arent rare or anything.

Missed one on Ebay for $12 the other day.....thought it had more time then it did, oops.

Got a call into my local bike shop, they deal in older stuff and have over 1K parts bikes in the back. The owners soon rides a 1979 KZ900 so he has 6 complete parts bikes, said he was fairly sure he had a good seat pan or two.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Cool! I think you may have problem solved. Here it's difficult finding stuff for my 82 750. If your bike shop has a site could you pm me the link?

·
Patriot Guard Rider
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool! I think you may have problem solved. Here it's difficult finding stuff for my 82 750. If your bike shop has a site could you pm me the link?
No link but they do parts out bikes thru Ebay, they do a HUGE amount of shipping each week. You can give them a call they will usually get back to you in a couple days.

They have two HUGE Morton buildings full of bikes.....stacked.

Ashbys Cycle
641 437 1842

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Thank you much! Have they said they have a solo seat for your bike?

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
In the sale swap section there is someone parting out a GPZ 1100. BO on parts That pan may be close enough to mod out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts