Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shock: Hi
Got a '80 Kz440 that won't shift. No pressure on clutch lever. I replaced clutch cable thinking that would fix it. I had pressure on the clutch lever, put everything back together then I went to shift into neutral and I hear a "pop" sound, and now back to square one no pressure on the lever. What gives? I just changed the clutch actuator, no change. When I press on the clutch lever there is not enough pressure to move the actuator of the lever back. Is the clutch return spring supposed to be really tight (mine seems a little warped and loose)? Anyone have this problem?? Help!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another thing, When the clutch cover is off with the actuator, everthing is fine with the lever having pressure. When I tighten the cover on the bike, the lever will not press down all the way or return.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If and when you figure it out let me know because I've been having the same problem eight times I've torn that thing apart I'm going to do it one more time then I'm throwing in the towel

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
Youngil006 posted this message in 2007 and has not been seen since so you are unlikely to get a response from him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts