Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. I am about to buy a this today or tomorrow, and just wanted to get some opinions on it. What do you think, and is 1300 euro too much to pay? Also anyone know is it a mark 1 or 2? Thanks guys

Attachments

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
If it runs decent and euros somewhat equal the US dollar,buy it! Its an LTD with a 1015cc MKII engine.thats what Kaw put in their 1980 bikes,very strong engines! That bike looks to be in excellent condition! Does it run and how many miles or kilometers is on the odometer? And welcome to the forum! :wink:

·
KLR`s and BBQ`s
353 Posts
I think eurose are worth more than dollars, so that is a bit of dough, but the bike does look fantastic, nice seat too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it runs decent and euros somewhat equal the US dollar,buy it! Its an LTD with a 1015cc MKII engine.thats what Kaw put in their 1980 bikes,very strong engines! That bike looks to be in excellent condition! Does it run and how many miles or kilometers is on the odometer? And welcome to the forum! :wink:
Thanks for the help and advice Zoro and 9am53. Its in great condition alright. There is however a rattle in the cam chain but was told to get a manual tensioner to replace the automatic one. Not sure of the mileage but has new tires and battery, k&N filters and new exhaust system(600 eu) I reckon he has spend about 1k on parts over the last year. I will let you know if I buy it. Thanks again
:smile:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Zoro,excuse my lack of knowledge about these different models.

What make this model a LTD,to me it looks like the old Z900/1000 you use to get apart from the seat.

The only LTD"s I know that came to South Africa are the one"s that look like mine,that includes the Z440 /Z750 /ZI000 (no idea how to attach a photo)

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
Zoro,excuse my lack of knowledge about these different models.

What make this model a LTD,to me it looks like the old Z900/1000 you use to get apart from the seat.

The only LTD"s I know that came to South Africa are the one"s that look like mine,that includes the Z440 /Z750 /ZI000 (no idea how to attach a photo)
Hello Kawafan, my first clue was the side cover. :wink: The LTDs had a lower seat due to frame changes that favored the "cruiser type" look. I never liked them myself. Ive read various claims as to what "LTD" represented, I believe it stood for "Limited."

·
Registered
64 Posts
Limited

:confused:
Hello Kawafan, my first clue was the side cover. :wink: The LTDs had a lower seat due to frame changes that favored the "cruiser type" look. I never liked them myself. Ive read various claims as to what "LTD" represented, I believe it stood for "Limited."
It seems to me there are a lot of limited models,very confusing.:confused:

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
:confused:

It seems to me there are a lot of limited models,very confusing.:confused:
Yes it can be! If you look at photos of LTD frames compared to the standard KZ and Z1 frames, you will see that the seat area was modified for the LTDs, they were all the rage in the late 70s and early 80s here in America.
I liked the standards with flat low profile seats as opposed to the thicker step seats.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Paul, sent you a PM about the banjo bolt you needed. Then I realized you might not have PM set to auto pop up. Since your reading this thread, check your PM's. :wink:

·
itching to ride
2,233 Posts
Hey kawafan, you must be a seasoned veteran of life like the other old geezers here. We have those oops moments kind of regular. Well at least I do. Don't want to speak too much of others here and get them riled at me.:wink:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Me veteran? never

:-D
Hey kawafan, you must be a seasoned veteran of life like the other old geezers here. We have those oops moments kind of regular. Well at least I do. Don't want to speak too much of others here and get them riled at me.:wink:
A friend of mine,after I said to him everybody make mistakes,said, he knows,he almost made one himself the other day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts