Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! My name is Paul and I bought a 1981 Kawasaki KZ650 a few months ago. A lot of work has been done on this bike and I would love some feedback. My biggest concern on my bike is the seat. It looks a little "lost" but I have looked all over the internet and cannot seem to find a nice fit. I am also looking for different mirrors and some pipes. Any suggestions or ideas for the above issues or for the bike in general, please let me know! Thanks guys!

-Paul

Here are some BEFORE/AFTER pictures:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

MOST RECENT WITH NEW HANDLE BARS, NEW TAIL LIGHT W/ LISENCE PLATE HOLDER:

All comments/suggestions are appreciated.. good or bad. Thanks guys!!

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,843 Posts
I'm not in to the bobber thing but I've seen several that use the bar end mirrors. What are you looking for on the seat? That is the style that most I've seen are using. Are you wanting to run straight pipes or are you looking for something that would make it quieter?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just checked out some bar end mirrors, they would look a lot better than the bulky square ones I have now. The straight pipes sounds pretty good when the bike is idoling but it sounds awful when im riding lol. I am def going to put a 4 to 1 muffler on it because I want a nice low pitch sound. The seat that I have on it now is comfortable, I just feel that it is a little too high. I am looking to change the springs from 3 inch to 1 inch but I can't find any 1 inch springs. I think a flat seat would look better on the bike due to the angle of the frame, but I guess its ok for right now. Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
12 Posts
As the bikes got rear shocks anyway, a flat seat would be ideal. Could always make your own, not too difficult, foam, wooden base, whatever cover you like glued or stapled down. I'd have either a single bar end mirror or you might be able to fit the mirror you have underneath instead of on top if the thread is accessible. But those bar end mirrors offer a surprisingly good view.

·
itching to ride
2,238 Posts
I just checked out some bar end mirrors, they would look a lot better than the bulky square ones I have now. The straight pipes sounds pretty good when the bike is idoling but it sounds awful when im riding lol. I am def going to put a 4 to 1 muffler on it because I want a nice low pitch sound. The seat that I have on it now is comfortable, I just feel that it is a little too high. I am looking to change the springs from 3 inch to 1 inch but I can't find any 1 inch springs. I think a flat seat would look better on the bike due to the angle of the frame, but I guess its ok for right now. Thanks for the input guys!
It is possible to quieten down those pipes without adding a muffler if you like the short look you presently have. But they look like they are hanging down a bit and need to be tucked in somewhat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.