Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I'm looking at buying a 1982 550 ltd and the shop couldnt tell me what the gas milage was around.. i'm betting that if it runs well it should be over 45 mpg. anyone have any idea of the mpg?

I really want a 454 ltd but can't find one in wisconsin. :/
for my first bike in 15 years i have to get something with better mpg than my diesel jetta 41 city - 48 highway anyone have advice on that?

thanks a bunch

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used to own a '82 KZ 550 Std. Bought it new and loved it. (wish I still had it). I would get 60 mpg on the highway if I rode conservativly. I don't think the LTD runs the same gear ratio however, slightly lower I think. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1982 550 ltd

Hi,

I have a 1982 550 ltd and can say that I get 40's mpg. They are geared low but you can buy different sprokets.

I also have a 2005 (brand new) 500 Classic Royal Enfield.

Top speed about 80mph good torque (acceleration) and 70 mpg! It looks great just like it did in 1955! They make them in India by hand like they did in 1955. It has very good balance and is a perfect starter bike.

google royal enfield and use the usa site to find a local dealer. I found one in Michigan just half hour from my house.

The highest mpg decent sized cool bike Ive found.

My 2 cents woth

bart

1 - 3 of 3 Posts