Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Old bike guy
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my 1982 GPZ 750 all torn apart under the seat to take care of some old battery related corrosion issues..I had to take all the metal stuff out from below and around the battery to remove the corrosion and repaint the parts due to a previous owner letting the battery spill without any kind of overflow hose on it. ANYWAY, I took a lot of digital pics so I could get it all back together right and sort of figured that the original Kawi KZ750 maint manual that I have would show where everything goes...oops..My pics don't show the part I need to see and neither does the manual. What I need is a very detailed description or a couple of good pictures that show where the accessory circuit fuzes mount. There are two fuzes in a black rubber/plastic case mounted on a bent and plated mount that holds the fuze case and a spare fuze on one end and then mounts somewhere to a screw or bolt on the other end. This is driving me nuts (short drive, my wife would say...) because I can't figure out exactly where or upon what bolt/screw it is supposed to mount. Any info or pictures would be GREATLY appreciated! If you can, send your info or pics to me at [email protected] and I should get them most quickly.

Thanks,

Don J
Reno, NV

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
The fuses in the plastic case are the aux fuses for heated clothing or grips.I don't believe they have a mounting area. I ty-wraped mine to stay out of the way on my 82 GPz1100 B2.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
I did the same thing with regards to taking lots of pics before tearing mine down to have the frame powder coated. Although it probably isn't the same as yours, because it mounts by the slit in the rubber sliding down over a metal tab. Mine mounts below and at one end of the fuse panel. Here's a pic of mine in case yours happens to be the same. You can see the red with white stripe wire coming up from it.

·
Old bike guy
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1982 GPZ 750 Ques Fuses and holders..WITH pics!!

OK...to make this and my question all more clear, I have taken some pictures of the fuse box(es) and wiring so you guys can see what I am talking about. I guess I should have put these on in the first place when I asked the question, huh? I attached the pics as JPGs so I think most anyone can view them. Please have a look at those!

First off, UP may be sort of confusing here. UP in my pics is actually where the two arrows on the main fuse box point...that is really UP and that is how the box was originally mounted, though it does appear to be upside down...My bike does NOT have the clear-topped multiple fuse box mounted between the fender and the battery box that Stargate shows in his pics. And my smaller (2 fuse) accessory fuse box is the one that appears above (actually to the right of and near the rear brake resevoir, I think) the clear sided box in his pics, but his is a different model than mine.

Anyway, I have mounted the accessory fuse box and bolted on the bracket where you now see them in hopes that it is in the right spot. It SEEMS right, anyway! In one of the pictures I am pointing at the 2 fuse accesory box (which has a spare fuse mounted in the rubber that secures it) and the plated bracket can be see supporting the box. The bracket is now secured to the small bolt through the bracket in the right hand side of the pictures. I have sort of just tucked the two wires for accessories (White/blue and White/black) up near the top of the main fuse box and they are visible in the pics.

At any rate, I am not sure if this is how it all is supposed to go back together, but it seems right and fits nicely.

I want to thank the guys that took the time to send replies/take pics, etc. It is helpful to see other bikes and get input from other Kawi owners! If anyone has more info or pics of a 1982 GPZ 750 that show where this stuff is suppose to be in its original position, I would like to see and know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts