Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
From what I have experienced....

the controling factor on the side covers is how the mount pins line up to the rubber gromments in the frame. The two upper pins are basically the same. The lower pin mounts to the battery hold in bracket. I have a 82 A2 and a 82 Spectre. The difference between the two sidecovers is the top part that goes up to the tank. On the A2 the piece is shorter, because of the bigger tank. The D1 side cover is longer to reach up to the smaller tank. The lower mount pin on the A2 is higher than the mount pin on the D1. I have switched out the side covers and tank on the two bikes and all I had to do was change the battery hold in brackets. It has been a while since I owned the 77 and 78 KZ1000s I had but the side covers looked the same as the D1 covers. Same for the Z1 cover. You might want to check a used bike parts shop and see if he has any. Just see how the pins line up and you are good to go after a paint job.....the emblem may be more difficult though...chris3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.