Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1982 Kawasaki KZ-305 CSR for sale- $1200

13K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Kawasomething 
#1 ·
I am the original purchaser/owner of a very nice condition vintage 1982 Kawasaki KZ-305B1 CSR and it's for sale. It has 5,305 original miles on it (was in storage for 21 years), was properly broken in, and has been cared for. It starts easily, runs well and gets 74 miles per gallon in town. It has never been dropped or wrecked, and the engine has never been raced, dogged or over-revved. I have other detailed pictures of it if you're interested. The filter and oil (Royal Purple) have been replaced every 1500 miles.

View attachment 31064

Included with the bike are an all-weather cover, original Kawasaki luggage rack (mounted) and the original seat grab bar rail, the original tools, original Owner's Manual, a Kawasaki factory Service Manual, four new oil filters, the two original keys and two spare keys. It also has a Vista Cruise throttle control and a premium see-thru fuel filter already installed. The Avon RoadMaster tires and battery were installed new last September. I'm only asking $1200 for all of it.

View attachment 31065

Designed on the Kawasaki 250 sport power plant, the engine is a vertical parallel twin with a 306cc displacement, utilizing two Keihin CV32 carburetors and sporting a 6-speed transmission. The final drive uses a belt, which is in excellent condition. The stated dry weight is 337 pounds and it's stated maximum load is 342 pounds. It excels with a single rider but will ride two-up acceptably. As a small street cruiser, it's quiet and very economical and makes a great pleasure or commuter bike, especially for any first-time rider.

It's a classic, and I've gotten lots of stares and comments about it when I've been out riding. I would like to see it bought by someone that will care for it and ride it, and not someone intent on dismantling it to sell as parts or to chop it to create some Frankenstein.

I am located in Charlotte, North Carolina. If you’re interested in buying it, have questions or want to see the other pictures (14.9 megabytes in all), please contact me.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Wow! I sure hope whoever became the 2nd owner of this beauty 13 years ago recognized what a treasure they acquired. The original owner and OP clearly was immaculate with their care. I used to own and ride the same year, color, model back in the 80’s. Sure wish I wasn’t 13 years late seeing this post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.