Registered
1,260 Posts
EBAY:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EBAY:

Thanks, I have looked at Ebay. Hints me asking here. What you linked does not work for my year of 440.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Is your bike electronic ignition with a CDI? Are you trying to retrofit points? I just looked a little further, the schematics say there is an ignitor pickup on the end of the crank.

Do you have the "Factory Manual"? I asumed because you were asking for points the bike came with points. It seems otherwise. Post an answer to see if I, or someone else, can help you better. :)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Read this old thread for reference:

What I found:
Pickup Coil

COIL (On Top of Page):

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
By SactoKZ440: the two part numbers I started with are exactly what I need. I guess its not points but a governor/breaker?

The governor/breaker is also known as a timing advancer.
The other part listed in the topic post is the pulsing coil.
"Coil" by itself is typically used to indicate the ignition coils.

So you need the timing advancer & pulsing coil. The cross-reference at Partzilla lists a number of 440 models plus a 750-Twin that use the same pulsing coil but you can probably also get one from an 83-84 750-Twin (Ltd Belt) >> there's probably just a minor difference, such as the connector.

For the advancer you'd need one from a 440 w electronic ignition. see the x-ref.

·
Administrator
4,860 Posts
Any Kawasaki manual provides general torque specs for bolts that are not specifically listed for torque.
The chart will say that unless otherwise specified, use the following torques... all you have to know is the diameter of the bolt threads and the thread pitch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Found the timing advancer on ebay. Helps when you are calling it the right thing in the search. Would think the part number would have taken me there though. Oh wells, thanks for the help again.
Missed out on the coil though. The dismantler did not have the right one and the one you linked all ready sold. Should have just went for that one but was trying to save some cash lol.. If you see another please let me know.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I know about empty pockets all to well. I check EBAY, a lot, when looking for parts. just type the bike in, year, model, and click on condition "used'. to find parts.

This just popped up on EBAY, $19.99 each:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know about empty pockets all to well. I check EBAY, a lot, when looking for parts. just type the bike in, year, model, and click on condition "used'. to find parts.

This just popped up on EBAY, $19.99 each:

haha Yeah, I just trying to not pay 130 for something I could get for 65.

"1982 Kawasaki Kz440 Belt Kz440ltd Ignition Pulsing Coil Pickup Pulser Kz750csr" This is what I need. i'll keep hunting. I am sure the one I have probably still works but it got bent out and I just don't want to try and Jimmy-rig it

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
My bad, I thought you were looking for an ignition coil. Sorry. I've read that the coil shold read 440 ohms reistance. Have you ever considered getting the coated wire fore coils and making one? I recone speakers, and sometimes have to rewire the coones coils to get aroun 7.8 ohms for an 8 ohm speaker. You could cut a block out of nylong and wind your own coil till you get 444 Ohms, and see if that will trigger the coils. It's something I would do. I'm a bit crazy like that and fabricate all kinds's of stuff. Just throwing it out there. It's just a coil that your breaking the magnetic field, it shouldn't be too hard to make. If yours is bent, just put the bent metal part in a vice and flatten it, it should be fine. Take an Ohm reading just to see what it reads for information purposes. I really wish I could help you. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts