Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and just got a kz750 csr as a daily driver. I paid $750 for it. The guy who previously owned it said his son drove it pretty much daily until he moved to college a few months a go. He did lay it down once and broke the tach on it. It gets me where I need to go and is a pretty sharp looking bike for the age. The guy who sold it to me said they only made a limited number of these bikes and said it would go up in value. First question: How true is this? I'm leaving arizona in about a year and my initial plan was to sell it so I wouldn't have to cart it all the way to boston. But I'm starting to get attached to it and if i know the value will increase, then that'll be the deciding factor. Second question: I want to get the bike running as optimally as possible. It sounds a little strained when I go on the freeway ~70 mph. How can I fix this? Third question: When I first go at it in the morning, I have a little trouble getting it started with the electric start. The kick start works pretty well but........its a kick start and kick starts are ok in the winter, but arizona summers and kick-starts could be annoying. How can I make it start easier?? I'm pretty happy with it, I just need a little advice.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Marcus,

Welcome to the forum.......I apologize for the lack of replys to your post.

I don't know if the bike is that rare. But I believe that any vintage bike that is in decent shape physically and mechanically is worth restoration, especially if you only paid $750 for it. We purchased Macks KZ550 for $800 a couple years ago...it was it pristine condition and needed very little work...a cam chain tensoner kit and a carb adjustment. We saw an identical bike go on EBay for $1950....

Check the strength of the battery. If you have a charger at home, put it on overnight to make sure that the battery is fully charged.

Also make sure that the carbs are tuned and running right. My 750 carb is very picky and needed to be synced and tuned before it would run at 100% efficiency.

Post a photo of you and the bike so we can see what you both look like :lol:

Heather

·
Registered
116 Posts
my kz650 kicks better than the starter, too. Check the points and the timing. I think yours still has them. Heather will tell you to get a manual. The Clymers are pretty good as they go. Ive heard the Kawa manuals are better. Appreciation? I think the vintage Kawasaki is a very strong bike. Admired in Europe for its durability and speed. It will last you forever. You could probably sell it in Boston for 1,200 or so. Ebay maybe more. Its not going to make you rich! When you get up to Boston, let me know, Ill come see it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts