Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and just got a kz750 csr as a daily driver. I paid $750 for it. The guy who previously owned it said his son drove it pretty much daily until he moved to college a few months a go. He did lay it down once and broke the tach on it. It gets me where I need to go and is a pretty sharp looking bike for the age. The guy who sold it to me said they only made a limited number of these bikes and said it would go up in value. First question: How true is this? I'm leaving arizona in about a year and my initial plan was to sell it so I wouldn't have to cart it all the way to boston. But I'm starting to get attached to it and if i know the value will increase, then that'll be the deciding factor. Second question: I want to get the bike running as optimally as possible. It sounds a little strained when I go on the freeway ~70 mph. How can I fix this? Third question: When I first go at it in the morning, I have a little trouble getting it started with the electric start. The kick start works pretty well but........its a kick start and kick starts are ok in the winter, but arizona summers and kick-starts could be annoying. How can I make it start easier?? I'm pretty happy with it, I just need a little advice.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Marcus,

Welcome to the forum.......What year is your 750 and was it sitting for a while........could be that the carbs need to be cleaned/adjusted a bit.

check and make sure that the battery is good....look at the terminals, and if you have a charger try putting it on a charger overnight......if the battery is old, it may not carry a full load.

Happy Thanksgiving :D

Heather

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bike's a 1982. I didn't sit in a garage for very long. The owner said he kept it running (even if it was just around the block a couple of times) after his son went to college (in a different state).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts