Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:lol: Got this rascal with only 12,000 miles on it....Runs excellent.However it has a plain head light with no plastic tail.
I have one off a 78 but will not mount.
If i recall was there not a 82 maybe shaft drive that had a square tail cover???Thanks for any info or advise...

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
nitroturbo4u ,

Welcome to the forum......Give the guys some time to reply. Also you may want to also post this down in the mechanics corner or in the parts swap and see if anyone down there has a answer.

Not to clear on what you mean by plastic tail.....I have 81 and 82 Kawi at home...which the manuals for both...I may be able to look in the book for that info.

Heather

·
Registered
53 Posts
nitroturbo4u,
Do you have a picture of your new bike that you can post ?
It sounds like you have a great bike there.
Greg

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
GPzGreg said:
nitroturbo4u,
Do you have a picture of your new bike that you can post ?
It sounds like you have a great bike there.
Definitely put up a photo of you and your ride.....would like to see both of you.

Heather :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
My 82 spectre has a rectangular taillight, Do you mean a plastic decorative wing? My 78 650 has one of those and Ive seen 1000's with them from the same period

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry all...Typo....

Actually i was in a bit of a hurry when i typed that...I meant i was wanting to put a duck tail(as we callem)over the tail light section.As came factory on the 78 79 ltd 1000.
Just about got it all restored but the paint.I will be glad to upload all my other bikes.I have quite a few.
Rangeing from my 750 turbo to the 1150 es.
Next bike on my list is the z1r-tc.
Later all. :lol:

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
That is what we thought you might have wanted....check in the Salvage yards.

Also to can go to www.uneedapart.com They have both motorcycle and auto parts.

I will check with my local yard to see if they have one avail and what the price it....you can also check up on EBay.

Heather

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yup those were on the older LTD's. You can find them easy enough. I see them all the time on ebay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts