Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a line on an immaculate 750 Spectre, beautiful bike. One question are these things fast? I was looking at an 1100 figured theres no replacement for displacement you know, but this bike is so nice and hell I have an 06 Z1000 that goes scary fast just thought I'd ask. I recently sold an really clean 85 700 Maxim and it was pretty quick but I decided to concentrate on another 80's bike and I want it to be a Kawasaki. Any input will be appreciated. Would this thing be worth $2500.00?

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
IMHO
Any book value you can find will say no, it's not worth that much. Like anything else, it all comes down to what it's worth to you. If you're looking for actual value, then you need to look at several factors. Condition of the bike, what the bike market is in your part of the world, the make/model/size of the bike, modifications, etc. But in the end it all comes back to the fact of "is it worth it to you". Since no one here can see it and inspect it for condition then they're not really going to be able to give you an answer to that question.

As for "is it fast". It's shaft drive so you will lose some hp to that vs chain drive. It's probably going to be very near the power/speed that your Maxim was but might be slightly faster.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I side with Stargate and Herk...US$2500 is high, unless it is a concours quality restoration. For that amount, you should be able to pick up a nice 1100 Spectre. As for fast, it'll go 120 mph...but it will not handle anything like the Z1000...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I side with Stargate and Herk...US$2500 is high, unless it is a concours quality restoration. For that amount, you should be able to pick up a nice 1100 Spectre. As for fast, it'll go 120 mph...but it will not handle anything like the Z1000...
I know of one locally, mint looking at least, for less even taking advantage of the exchange rate. Now that bikes those look perfect, and the one I saw looks like it's a three year old bike, tho it's about 1983.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seems that nice versions of the Spectre demand quite a high price. I talked to the seller of this one, and he refused to budge below 3000:

1983 kz 750

It is a beautiful bike.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Seems that nice versions of the Spectre demand quite a high price. I talked to the seller of this one, and he refused to budge below 3000:

1983 kz 750

It is a beautiful bike.
Yes it is a very nice looking spectre even with the torn seat. Looking at the shine on the header pipes makes me wonder how much of it is restoration and how much is original though. No pics of the other side makes me wonder about the other side.

·
Registered
15 Posts
shaft vs chain: It is true the shaft will take away a little more power to the ground than a chain. but dont forget the spectre got its heads and cam from the gpz not the ltd and that more than makes up for the shaft.atleast thats what the chain driven ltd riders I outran told me.

·
Obfuscation Engineer
6,704 Posts
gpz , ltd , spectre , kz all one cam set just different airbox and exhaust with the exception of the ltd that retained the same intake camshaft but used a different exhaust cam
12044-1044 ex 12044-1043 int for all but the ltd 12044-1019 ex 12044-1043 int only difference in the heads is paint so far as I've been able to tell .

~kop

·
Registered
15 Posts
the info I got must have been wrong. I got this info from the dealer I bought my spectre from in 83. thanks for the correction. I must have got an exceptional spectre. I had 2 friends and 1 family member with the same size bike that were chain drive ltd and none of there bikes could stay with me. thanks again for the correction I dont want to misinform anyone as it seams I have been.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I found some data that shows the spectre has higher compression than the ltd. Im not shure on the 750 but 1100 ltd ( atleast in this data ) has 95 hp and the 1100 spectre has 108. compression on the 1100 ltd is 8.2:1 the spectre is 8.9:1 must be the pistons

1 - 13 of 13 Posts