Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
Looks like a very thorough job. I also soaked my carb boots with wintergreen and it worked great at making them as pliable as new. The problem with mine however was that they had shrunk in length and that made it impossible to make them fit properly. Hopefully yours are ok.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Looks like a very thorough job. I also soaked my carb boots with wintergreen and it worked great at making them as pliable as new. The problem with mine however was that they had shrunk in length and that made it impossible to make them fit properly. Hopefully yours are ok.
We will see at assembly time how they fit. They were easy to remove back in 2015 so I am guessing it will work out.

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
Reflecting back to my situation, I rec'd the bike as a "project". The carbs and airbox were removed so it is possible, that the boots were not even for this bike. When I compared the old ones to the new ones they were almost 1/4" too short. No wonder I could not get them to work.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am hoping I can restore all of these boots. In the meantime I will troll Ebay for good used ones.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts