Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,
Have a 83 KZ750 H1 LTD. Does anyone know if this chain drive bike can be changed out to belt or shaft drive? If so, what parts/years for parts would be needed? Any considerations I should take into consideration?

Thanks,

Rebuild in Progress.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
From your info either the bike is a 1980 H1 model or an 83 H4. Converting to a shaft drive is going to take a lot of work, since the output shafts are different --- you'd have to disassemble the transmission. Not sure if much of the other transmission stuff is different --- never really checked. Not sure about the frames, either.

It would be simpler to get a shaft drive engine from a 750N1/N2 Spectre or F1 Ltd Shaft or ZN700/750 Ltd Shaft. You'd need the complete engine unit, complete shaft drive/final drive stuff, & swing arm.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. That's quite a bit more than I was expecting. Looks like I'll stay with the Chain. Just thought Since I had the bike completely torn down including the trans. that it might be a good time to explore. Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok,so will a chain drive output shaft swap out with the shaft drive on an 84 kawasaki zn700. In order to go from shaft to chain?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I'll add that I have no idea if the chain drive & shaft drive engines are swappable. The swing arms are different & I bet they don't swap. guessing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts