Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post!

I just purchased a 1983 Kawasaki KZ-750L. I'd like to replace the gas tank, but I can't find my exact tank anywhere. I was wondering about the compatability with other KZ-750s from 1983 - could I use the tank from one of those? I wouldn't think they'd change the frame, and is this generally the only determining factor on whether a tank will fit or not?

This question also holds for side panels - I need a left side panel but I can't find one for my bike. Are the side panels from the same year generally compatible?

Finally, does anybody know of a good resource (other than here, of course) where I can go to find this stuff out? Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
LOL OK OK You got me. My one and only excuse is that if I am cruising on here it is usually because I am to loaded to ride anywhere else. lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any luck with the tank? I have an 83 and would like to install a larger tank.

First post!

I just purchased a 1983 Kawasaki KZ-750L. I'd like to replace the gas tank, but I can't find my exact tank anywhere. I was wondering about the compatability with other KZ-750s from 1983 - could I use the tank from one of those? I wouldn't think they'd change the frame, and is this generally the only determining factor on whether a tank will fit or not?

This question also holds for side panels - I need a left side panel but I can't find one for my bike. Are the side panels from the same year generally compatible?

Finally, does anybody know of a good resource (other than here, of course) where I can go to find this stuff out? Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts