Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1983 KZ750 RS. At least that's what the title says. The bike has a drive shaft. This is a project bike for me, my first. The bike has been sitting for about 5 years so I'm taking the bike a part to clean and replace any parts that are bad. I bought a Clymer manual but I don't think I have the correct one. I've started with the carbs. After removing the float bowl I noticed there are 3 openings for jets but one of the openings is completly empty. Its smooth bore so nothing can screw into it. My manual shows that all 3 openings should be filled by the bleed pipe and primary main jet, the pilot jet, and needle jet holder and secondary main jet. Does anyone know the correct manual for my bike? I don't want to move forward with disassembling the carb until I have the correct nomenclature to look at.

·
Registered
717 Posts
…...I have a newer '90 KZ750 called the Zephyr and has Keihin CVK32 carbs. These carbs have 3 fuel openings facing the bowls: The Main Jet, the Pilot Jet, and the Starter Jet. Of these, only the Main and Pilot jets are screwed-in replaceable. The Starter jet is a pressed-in insert non-replaceable which looks flat. I believe this is what you called 'empty'. Your carbs may be older CV32s or Mikunis.

The Starter Jet is for ..well...starting the engine. The Pilot is for low RPMs,...and the Main and needle take over as the revs climb.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts