Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
This space for rent
687 Posts
If it's not working right, then you fix it, if it's working correctly there's no need of adjustment anyway.

So, why are you wanting to "adjust" it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike, Thanks for your info. I was actually asking for my Dad and you were very helpful. He said it is running rich until it gets warmed up and then it seems to run ok. If you have any other suggestions we would appreciate them. Thanks again, Sissy

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
As the retired Starfighter weapons electrical genius suggested, clean the EFI contacts and componants. A 16oz can of SeaFoam(1/2 can per tankful)will clean the injectors and valves. A new set of plugs and a clean breather element will work wonders :wink: Oh Yeah, Mr.Folks was all over those F-105 Starfighters when Luke Skywalker was a glint his daddy,s eye :wink:

·
This space for rent
687 Posts
I thought the F-104 was the Starfighter? All I remember about the 105 was it being called the "Thud" in Viet Nam.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
Steel is right, the F-105 was the Thunderchief,F-104 was the starfighter.

When I was in the USAF from 1966-1974 I worked on several fighter-bombers and interceptors. Some were the standard relay operated systems with associated wiring. One was Pneumatically operated, electrically controlled(F-106 Delta Dart) a real "&#@$%# to trouble shoot at 3 A.M. for an air leak.

·
Obfuscation Engineer
6,704 Posts
The member "Kopcycle" is/was a Kawasaki mechanic and has a 1300 too.
kopcicle or "Hey you pos you ruined my life " or "is it 'sposed to work like that ?" or ..

My IMs are exposed for a reason .

~kop

Oh , and they're correct . the DFI works or it doesn't . and

Mailing Address:
David Ewing
136 Hidden Meadows
Kissee Mills, Missouri, USA 65680

417.546.2090 (9am - 9pm Central Standard Time)
[email protected]

Dave posts it on the web so I don't think putting it here is a problem BUT Please don't waste the man's time . Read the site , buy a DVD from him , read some more , then and only then bother him . Dave is just a decent guy that we're constantly afraid of burning out .

Z1300, ZG1300, ZN1300 and KZ1300 USA Club Tech Tips

toss the stock cam chain tensioner in the garbage before it kills your bike REPEAT - THE STOCK TENSIONER IS JUNK

Ok now I'm done

·
www.stilettoman.info
8 Posts
Mr. Copcicle - I agree that Ewing is really helpful guy, and we should not bother him unnecessarily. So I will ask you and anyone else on this forum who may be able to help me. My ZN1300 motor runs pretty well, but based on the smell, it seems to be rich under all throttle conditions, idle to full throttle. I plan to install a broad band O2 sensor. Assuming we can confirm that it is flowing fuel to the return, it has been suggested that an adjustable regulator would allow us to dial down the pressure slightly and thereby lean the mixture. Have you ever heard of anyone doing this on a ZN1300??? This is common practice on automotive injection systems.

In case you have not seen the Stiletto, it is shown in some detail on pages 5 and 6 here:

www.cardomain.com/ride/646433

I live in Carnation, Wash. The Stiletto was on display at the Seattle Motorcycle show last December. I have replaced the plastic cam chain idler, installed a later type self adjusting tensioner, and the engine has a total of about 20k miles, 175 pounds compression on all cylinders.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts