Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get an owner's manual for my '84 ZN1100?

What I really need to know is what each idiot light (warning lights) on the instrument cluster is for.
I assume at one time, there was lettering on each light but that lettering has long since disappeared and my factory service manual is of no help.

I have attached a picture of what my idiot lights look like. When I turn the key, not all of them light up. Do I have burned out bulbs? How many lights should light up? It is hard to tell but it looks like there should be 7 or 8 lights.
Also, this lighting panel is shared with all ZN's including the ZN700, so if someone could enlighten me, it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe post a picture from your owner's manual if possible.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
From top left to right are the left turn, neutral, high beam, and right turn lights. Bottom left to right are the oil, head lamp, and stand lights. I don't think the high beam or head lamp lights do anything on my bike. They don't come on when I turn the ignition switch on.
I don't have an owner's manual either but I do have the Kawa shop manual. The shop manual wiring diagram shows the high beam should indicate high beam as you would expect. The head lamp light indicates head lamp failure.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's perfect. Thanks Martin. I suspected the blank one, but this confirms it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts