Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first bike two weeks ago. It is a 1984 or 85 kawasaki zn 700. Does anyone have a service manual? I need a wiring diagram to connect the front turn signals.
Help!!

Jack

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
On the two Kawasaki's I've owned, the BLUE wire is the running light circuit, with the GREY wire from the LEFT FRONT signal going to the GREEN wire in the headlight housing. The RIGHT FRONT turn signal has a GREY wire going again to the GREY wire wire in the headlight housing.

If you have after market signals, you will need three wires for each of them, Running light circuit, turn signal circuit, and ground circuit.

The BLACK with YELLOW stripe is usually the ground circuit.

As for a service/shop manual, try E-Bay first, then Repair Manual Catalog Online - RepairManual.com or ManualsNMore.com Original Factory Service and Repair Manuals Repair manual sometimes has used manuals for sale at reduced prices.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I have the manual. It shows like MFolks said the Black/Yellow wire is the ground. Then it shows the other 2 as "G" and "Gr" for the front and rear.

I bought my manual off ebay. I've had the bike for one year and it was the only one I've seen for sale so I bought it for the buy it now price. I also bought the only set of crash bars I've seen on ebay for it. I missed the one luggage rack that has been on ebay in the last year. These bikes were only made for 2 years and parts are somewhat rare.

Before that I bought Haynes manual 574 that covers Kawasaki 750 air cooled fours from 1980 to 1991 that is pretty good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just bought my repair manual on ebay motors. Be sure to look around, there are alot of people selling them. I say that because i bought a $30 one not realizing on the next page the same one for $6 so just look around but they are everywhere.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
My factory manual is the 82-87 KZ750 Shaft Motorcycle Service Manual. It has a supplement that covers the ZN700 models. There has only been the one I bought in the last year on ebay that I know of searching for ZN700 parts. I check ebay several times a week looking for ZN700 parts. You might want to search for the KZ750 manual. May be more successful.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I just checked ebay. Did a search for Kawasaki KZ750 shaft manual and there are a bunch of them for sale. They cover the ZN700 shaft as I said before. The cover of the manuals shown look exactly like mine.
Go for it.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Just make sure the edition of the manual is new enough to cover the 84 models. Some of the ones for sale were published in 82 or 83 and would not cover the 84 ZN700. The one I bought covers 82-87 models and cover the 84 - 85 ZN700.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have the manual. It shows like MFolks said the Black/Yellow wire is the ground. Then it shows the other 2 as "G" and "Gr" for the front and rear.

I bought my manual off ebay. I've had the bike for one year and it was the only one I've seen for sale so I bought it for the buy it now price. I also bought the only set of crash bars I've seen on ebay for it. I missed the one luggage rack that has been on ebay in the last year. These bikes were only made for 2 years and parts are somewhat rare.

Before that I bought Haynes manual 574 that covers Kawasaki 750 air cooled fours from 1980 to 1991 that is pretty good.
He called the colors correctly I think. G is green and GR and GR is gray. If you get them backwards, when you turn on a blinker, just reverse the wires. I am not sure about running light colors but it would be a blue circuit wire probably. All Kaws have black/yellow as ground as far as I know.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
By gaspeed: Hello ibomiles, do you still have the 1984 kawasaki zn 700ltd service manual?
I live in europe and it's impossible to find it here. can you please reply me?
Search eebbaayy for KZ750 shaft manual & get one that covers at least thru 1984. Kawasaki factory service manuals have a model application chart on the back cover, so make sure the ZN700-A1 is included on the list. Some sellers include a photo of the chart. I saw one seller in the UK who incorrectly listed a manual as 82-on, but it was just the 82 manual.

Here's one from the UK. It should be correct for your bike, but I would make certain your model is included in the list on the back cover. KAWASAKI KZ750 SHAFT 1984 GENUINE WORKSHOP MANUAL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts