Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got power on the yard and black and the red wire to the ignition switch when I put it on off I lose power on one wire when I put it on start smash the button it doesn't change nothing just power on both wires smashed in or not but it's not getting to the solenoid all fuses got power power comes in the red and white to the fuse box goes out in white condition all that's good but it's not going the lights or nothing green light won't come back on .man this is warping me for over a month I got the wiring schematics 1984 for zn700 all the wires look the same except where they going to the junction box the colors here and there a little different what spot they're in the Junction box but the other going

· Registered
4,752 Posts
Press, not smash. I guess. Without knowing what the problem is, it could be bad connections within the ignition switch >> you might be able to disassemble the ign switch & re-solder the connections if necessary.

Another possibility is the RH handlebar control switch >> bad starter button connections or something. And make sure the battery is good & fully charged >> don't assume anything >> test it w a multimeter & do a load test.

Also, make certain the correct wires are going to the correct positions on the junction box >> the junction box & wiring diagram are numbered. I use silicone spray lubricant to clean the wires to help verify the wire colors.

1984 ZN700-A1 wiring diagram.
provided by someone here on KawMC, so thanks again to whomever. ha ha.
open pic in new window, then click to enlarge. if pic opens on an imgur page, open that image in a new window & click to enlarge. it should be big.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts