Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help appreciated. Posting for my sister whose computer is down.

As in the topic, her 700 is backfiring, idles high, and is now stalling. She and my brother-in-law have changed the plugs, cleaned the carb, and cleaned and replaced a leaking diaphragm coasting (?) gasket. She says that the gaskets may be leaking, however. My brother-in-law says it may also be an air leak somewhere. They are having trouble keeping it running at all now.

This stuff is unfamiliar to me. They are wondering if there is something simple that they are overlooking. Thanks.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Sounds like your carbs could be out of sync. Does it have 4 carbs. if it does and they took them apart, they could be out of sync. If you don't reinstall them correctly it can cause all kinds of problems. :roll: Some bikes are picky. My 750 was...everything had to be just right or it wouldn't run. We did all that to ours and it was running but only at about 80%...took it to my favorite mechanic and he set the air mixtures on all the carbs and now it screems. :D

Suggest the you go to the mechanics corner and get some answers there.
Welcome to the forum and have your sister come up on the Ladies forum when she gets her computer up.

Welcome!!!!!

Ride Safe/Ride Sane

Heather

1 - 2 of 2 Posts