Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an issue two weeks ago where my throttle stuck wide open. I thought maybe the cable broke but it is in good condition. I pulled the carb and realized that the cap was loose and the throttle sleeve came out of the bore. the needle stuck in there sideways causing the bike to go wide open. I pulled the carb apart replaced the broken needle clip and put if back together, needle is set on the top notch. Everything seems fine but the idle is way too high. I have tried adjusting the set screw for the idle but it doesnt change. Seems like the throttle will not setle down in place at idle.
Any sugestions?? What am I missing?

·
Registered
917 Posts
The cable or slide hung up? Cable over adjusted? The idle screw can also lift and hang the slide.

If you have made sure the slide is completely seated, where is air screw turned out to? Is needle jet bent?

If needle jet clip was in lowest position towards the ground, this may occur. You say it is in the highest position, hopefully your mid range is not dangerously lean.

Has a carb boot cracked /ripped and created air leak?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am leaning towards the needle jet being bent or maybe a ripped intake boot. Ill tear into it again tonight if I get a chance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts