Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
KZ geezer
718 Posts
I have no experience with the 700, but the vacuum routing on these bikes typically has a vacuum hose running from #2 carb to the vacuum operated petcock. It's the smaller of the 2 bibs on the petcock. It's usually about 1/4".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The hose that I can't figure out is one that according to the diagram, is supposed to connect to the #3 carb. There is a rubber boot from the factory sealing off the #3 vacuum port. I am wondering if this extra hose was always open to the atmosphere but in some states of delivery, it went to the #3 carb for different emmission regulations?

·
KZ geezer
718 Posts
The vacuum hose can run off any of the carbs, but usually is connected to #2, all the others must have vacuum caps otherwise the engine will run too lean and crappy and could burn a hole in that piston. I always carry spare caps with me in the event one accidentally blows off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is an old post but looking for some clarity along the same lines. Just got this bike from someone that was messing around but didn't know what he was doing and trying to find a actual diagram is almost impossible. I know carb #1 and #4 go to the air recycle, #2 goes to the petcock and #3 is capped. My question is for the connection between one and two and the connection between 3 and 4.. where do those go? I know the one between 2 and 3 goes to the gas tank

·
itching to ride
2,238 Posts
You'd be best served to cap all but one and use that one to go to the vacuum assisted petcock. I, as well as many others, disconnected the lines going to the air injection system on my 4 cylinder bike and blocked off the ports that went to the valve covers. Some even claimed the added air can burn an exhaust valve and really do not do much in the way of controlling emissions.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
The Tees between 1-2 & 3-4 are the vents. Tubing should be installed with the ends open to atmosphere & routed to keep water out. Mine are routed over the airbox shoulders and snug fitted between the airbox & side covers. Yours may have been routed differently, possibly to a an evaporative canister (the canister may have only been found on CA models).

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Putting hoses on the vents and routing these over the swingarm or as Martin did or most anywhere will keep gas off you if the bike falls over on you as it will otherwise spill out all over your pants and hopefully you are not a smoker.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I don't always think about the safety reason for the vent tubing & avoiding a fire is definitely a good reason to install the tubing.

Note: I may have been incorrect about there being 2 vent Tees. Your bike may only have 1 Tee, between the 3-4 carburetors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.