Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1986 Bayou 300 that runs pretty well but has one problem. When I go to shift from nuetral to 1st, the ATV wants to jump. I have adjusted the clutch according to the manual and it is no better. I realize it will probably need new clutch parts but before I buy parts I am wondering what I should look to get. Is this a problem with the centrifigal clutch or clutch plates or ?
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Does the quad creep while in gear without applying throttle? Does the clutch slip at all?

(I am trying to figure out exactly whats going on.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It acts like it should once it is in gear and going. If I stay off of the brakes and put it in gear, it jumps and starts to take off. Once going, there doesn't seem to be any slippage.
If I hold both brakes and put it in gear it jumps to the point that it stalls. I put it in nuetral, start it and it runs fine.
It can be ridden with no apparent problem as long as you prepare to lunge forward when putting it into first from a stop in nuetral.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry, I missed part of the question. Yes it will creep while in gear without applying throttle.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
It sounds like you need to take the clutch cover off and take a peek at the centrifugal clutch. Maybe a spring broke.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts