Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help on my carburators. I have cleaned the carbs several times and really its a pain the carb that the bike leans to keeps flooding out is what i guess is going on gas is coming out the holes on the airbox side. When i choke it and stand the bike straight up and get in running i idles at 4,000 rpms but would instantly die when i turn off the choke. So i turned the idle screw out more and more until it would idle and i know that screw should not be out eight turns should be more like two. So im confused about it what can i do any ideas would really help. I have cleaned all the jets primary and secondary jet they are all clear i even used an air compressor and blew air though it all so any help would be great thanks

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
If gas is running out while it's sitting there then you float height adjustment is off or the float valve needs cleaning or replacement. You said you are turning the idle screw, did you mean the mixture screw?

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Are you running stock exhaust and is the airbox installed and connected while you are making these adjustments. Have to checked to see if you have stock jets in the carbs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have noticed that a washer and a gasket are missing on the mixture screws three of them are missing and it has stock jets and a different exhaust slip on.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
If the mixture screws are missing the o-ring, that explains a lot if not all of the extra air to make it run so lean. You need to replace the missing parts. The exhaust mod might make it run slightly leaner and require a small adjustment on the mixture but not much if any.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So having the air box off while I try to get it to run could be a problem i. So getting those o rings back on and put them to about two turns and re attach the air box. When I first started it with the air box on when I first started it it idled very cruddy but did haveing the mixture out that far could also resolt to flooding it right thanks for all ur help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts