Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Young sons xmas present fouls plugs after 30 min riding.He only hacks around in 1st gear but revs are up.I have also fitted a 'throttle stop' to avoid him getting full noise at the moment.The bike now lives at 1200ft above its previous home at sea level.Can plugs be rejuvenated?Any help would be greatly appreciated.Its such a neat bike and I am hoping he can grow into it,cheers!

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
make sure the air filter is clean to start with. sicne you went up in altitude you may need to play with the AIR SCREW (out a half turn or so to allow more air into the mixture) and maybe a smaller main jet to lessen the fuel being pulled into the engine.
also you need to get it out of first gear and let the bike breath. running around in first doesnt clear the cylinder effiecently enough.
you could also change the gas/oil mixture (pre-mix) and it may help. what are you running now for mixture 40:1-32:1 ???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1986 kx fouled plugs

Cheers for the reply,currently at 30 to 1,can I lean premix without fear to 40 to 1?Will try all other suggestions,and he will get out of 1st eventually!Cheers again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts