Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I recently inherited a 1988 AF450 Mule 1000 and I'd like to get it running. The gas tank has rusted through and both carburetors are missing. I don't think it's run in a decade.

Any thoughts on where I can buy these? I've looked up & down ebay, and called a half dozen local motorcycle parts shops...no luck.

I've heard that the carbs should be $400-$600 each - does that sound right? How much should the gas tank be?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,424 Posts
I took a quick look and those carbs were listed as unavailable at the places I checked.. You might still find a dealer who has them as my search was not exhaustive by any means. There is always eBay for used ones or cheap knock-offs. I did see a price listing of about $800 pounds for an OEM pair (that's about $1,000 USD).

With prices like those, and needing a gas tank and maybe other parts, I would be looking at buying a parts donor Mule.
If you can find one with a blown engine you could salvage the carbs, fuel tank and other parts. Might be your cheapest option especially if you part it out when you are done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took a quick look and those carbs were listed as unavailable at the places I checked.. You might still find a dealer who has them as my search was not exhaustive by any means. There is always eBay for used ones or cheap knock-offs. I did see a price listing of about $800 pounds for an OEM pair (that's about $1,000 USD).

With prices like those, and needing a gas tank and maybe other parts, I would be looking at buying a parts donor Mule.
If you can find one with a blown engine you could salvage the carbs, fuel tank and other parts. Might be your cheapest option especially if you part it out when you are done.
Wow - interesting! Ok, I'll look around for one of those. That sounds like a workable plan, as long as they're nearby. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts