Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where i can get a 1988 ex500 cheap upper fairing or like used but it good condition?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ebay. The beauty of the EX is that any model prior to '93 will work on your bike. There is one on Ebay right now, but the seller claims its for a '94: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=4507254127&category=35583&sspagename=WDVW
Stay away from the '94 and later stuff--it won't fit. But keep checking ebay because new stuff comes up all the time.
In addition to ebay, see if there are any moto salvage yards in your region. These are neat places to visit. Even if you don't find the fairing you're looking for (and you very well may) they're still neat places to peruse. Lots of history and lots of things to be learned in such places. Boxes of pistons and milkcrates full of connecting rods and transmission assemblies; thousands of parts that have gone up and and down in cylinders millions of times. A universe of unspoken memories catalogued pell-mell in dilapidated milkcrates, and the caretakers of these places are a great source of wisdom and practical information if they're not too crotchety. My friend used to work at one and they conducted many experiments, building many Frankenbikes.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
-CCinC

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
88ex500 said:
does anyone know where i can get a 1988 ex500 cheap upper fairing or like used but it good condition?
Check your local salvage yards in the yellow pages.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts