Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To tell you the truth, i know about absolutely nothing as to how dirt bikes work, i just ride them. Now, as of yesterday, my parents went out of state to get me a new dirt bike to replace my KX 80 cause it was getting to small. Now i have a 1988 KDX 200 that is in relatively good condition with only cosmetic problems. Im one of those people who look up stuff about what im about to get, and unfortunatly, i have found close to no information on that particular year KDX. If anyone would happen to know a good info site, please, im all ears. Also, i have seen pictures of this particular bike and it was always green, mine is white. Was wondering whether someone eventually bought an aftermarked kit or what. As for my choices, it was either i take my dads nice YZ 125 or get the KDX, and i decided to get the KDX. Does anyone think i made the right decision?(on a side note, we trail ride) Thx in advance!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
The KDX was the trail version. The KX was the race version, so yes, you made the right choice. The powerband is a bit more relaxed and not as peaky on the KDX. It's probably white, because the mid 80's were the 'white era'. I can't remember who it was, maybe Hannah, but one of the top racers in the '80's had a white bike because he always got the holeshot, and always finished with a clean, white bike. So of course, everyone wanted a white bike, and white plastic kits sold like hotcakes back then. (No, Kawasaki never sold them in white, at least, not in the US.)

I can't help a lot on forums since I don't ride dirt, but you can try both the dirt section here, and it seems the magazine Dirtrider has a forum that might be of help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts