Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,445 Posts
Or getting airborne when your rear wheel hits an unexpected bump and you perform the aerobatic "flying W".

·
Super Moderator
1,445 Posts
Of course the Flying W can also be effected when your front wheel suddenly disappears into a mud hole that halts the forward motion of the bike. LOL. Been there. Done that. Many times.

·
Super Moderator
1,445 Posts
That looks like a very interesting kickstarter spline repair... Can you do a close-up on that? I am thinking we should start a thread with pictures of repair horror stories.

Update. I just created a new thread for Repair Horror Stories:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Oh geeze. Good eye, i never even noticed that. Too busy about the wiring botchup
That looks like a very interesting kickstarter spline repair... Can you do a close-up on that? I am thinking we should start a thread with pictures of repair horror stories.

Update. I just created a new thread for Repair Horror Stories:

I just checked the compression. Ummm 90 psi throttle wide open about six or seven kicks one more.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Oh geeze. Good eye, i never even noticed that. Too busy about the wiring botchup

I just checked the compression. Ummm 90 psi throttle wide open about six or seven kicks one more.
Should be 119-185 psi but that would be on a warm engine, page 4.9 of your manual ,was your engine running prior to the test?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Should be 119-185 psi but that would be on a warm engine, page 4.9 of your manual ,was your engine running prior to the test?
No wont run till i get stater in. I went brain dead and cant find pdf file on manual i was sent.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well great. I got my new stator and cdi and coil in. Now i got cdi box green light flashing when i kick it over but no spark from coil. Got 2 new coils and neither will fire. Lost once again!

·
Super Moderator
1,445 Posts
Well great. I got my new stator and cdi and coil in. Now i got cdi box green light flashing when i kick it over but no spark from coil. Got 2 new coils and neither will fire. Lost once again!
Can you post the instructions that came with your CDI and stator?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
If i got instructions i sure would but got none. I reached out to manufacturer this is what i got so far...also the idiot had the wrong flywheel and stater on. So i got correct ones on and still nothing. Even if timing was off since there is no timing marks on stator i would think it would still fire

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi ,if you look at Post #9 they are the instructions I sent you for installing, its a matter I think of marrying them up to the CDI ;)
Did a bit more digging and these are the wires coming from the CDI that you have
Yellow - Ignition Coil
Red - Primary Coil
Black - Kill Switch
Blue - Pulse/Trigger Coil
Green - Ground
Hope that helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
this old bike gonna be spinnin gravel b4 long. Since the new stator ended up being bad i ordered stator, cdi and coil from a 1987 kx250. Supposedly had fire when removed

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Got parts in. Got fire👍👍 runs slugish. Hard to start cold. Fires right up warm. Fixin to ck compression after it warms up. Might need rings got blue smoke but not the skeeter fogging kind that fouls plugs. So many rigged parts on this old bike no tellin what previous owners rigged up swapped out ect. Feels good getting original parts back on this bike. Costly though!!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts